This tangy pudding to tempt your tastebuds, don’t be tempted to open the oven during the cooking process or you may not get the rise you want.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
175 g Caster Sugar
250 ml Fresh Cream
2 - Fresh Egg
1 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
115 g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
3 tsp Milk
4 tbsp SuperValu Brown Sugar
275 g SuperValu Butter
3 - SuperValu Orange
peeled, pith removed & segmented
1 - SuperValu Orange
peeled, pith removed & sliced thinly
1 - SuperValu Vanilla Pod
split lengthways, seeds removed
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter.
- Melt 100g/3 ½ oz butter in a pan and add the orange segments from 3 oranges, sprinkle with the demerara sugar and cook for 5 – 6 minutes until the oranges are slightly caramelised. Put the oranges and sauce into the bottom of the ovenproof dish.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, and add the xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining butter, caster sugar and beat until fluffy and light. It is important that the mixture is well beaten so don’t rush at this stage. Add the eggs, one by one with a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour into the batter and add the milk.
- Spoon the mixture over the orange and place in a preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes, until nice and golden. Serve with some freshly whipped cream with and sweetened with some vanilla pod seeds.