Sweet and sour chicken is a popular favourite. This is easy to make and perfect for a dinner party.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Green Pepper
1 - Red Onion
150 g SuperValu Crimini Mushrooms
1 medium SuperValu Leek
3 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
2 - SuperValu Rainbow Carrots
480 g SuperValu Sweet and Sour Sauce
- The most important stage of this particular dish is preparation, so get everything ready before you are ready to cook.
- If you have some left over this would work well in a tortilla wrap for a quick and tasty lunch.
- Slice your chicken and vegetables into thin strips.
- Heat a large wok or deep sauté pan with a ½ tablespoon of cooking oil. Add the chicken strips to the pan and quickly seal off the chicken until it is lightly browned. Season lightly with a little salt and pepper at this stage.
- Now add in the thinly sliced vegetables. You can choose your favourite vegetables; I always pick mine to introduce a burst of colour to the dish.
- Allow chicken and vegetables to cook together for a few moments, until they begin to soften down. If the vegetables are burning or over-cooking, add a tablespoon of water to introduce a bit of steam to the dish.
- Next pour in the sweet and sour sauce and allow it to bubble up.
- Add the required amount of rice to a pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Reduce to a low heat and allow to simmer for up to 15 minutes to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately on a bed of boiled rice