Pancakes for grown-ups!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Brandy 350ml
3 - Fresh Egg
4 tbsp Grand Marnier
350 ml Milk
150 g Plain Flour
150 g SuperValu Irish Creamery Butter
3 - SuperValu Orange
grated zest of 3 and juice of 2
400 g SuperValu Strawberries
150 g SuperValu Sugar
200 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
400 ml SuperValu Vanilla Ice Cream Pint Block 568ml
100g per person
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add all the other batter ingredients and stir well with a whisk, to remove any lumps.
- Let the batter rest in the fridge for at least an hour before making the crepes to allow the mixture to settle.
- To cook the crêpes, heat a little butter in a crêpe pan or non-stick pan.
- Ladle a little batter into the centre, tilting the pan so that the batter covers the surface thinly and evenly.
- Cook on both sides until lightly browned.
- Slide it out of the pan onto a warmed plate and keep warm as you make the rest.
- To make the sauce, put the butter in a small pan, add the sugar and whisk rapidly.
- Add in the Grand Marnier or Cointreau, the orange zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, then cook briskly until the sauce thickens.
- To serve, pour the sauce into a frying pan over a low heat.
- Put the crêpes in the sauce one at a time, folding them once, and then again, to make little triangles.
- Spoon the sauce over the crêpes to make sure they are all soaked with sauce.
- If desired you can add a little additional alcohol at the table and ignite.
- Serve with a big bowl of fresh Strawberries with Vanilla Cream.