This is a lovely delicate way to cook vegetables and it will make the pork really flavoursome.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 - SuperValu Quality Irish Pork Chops
(From the Butcher Counter)
16 - SuperValu Baby Potatoes
From the Store Cupboard
250 ml Chicken Stock Cube
25 g SuperValu Butter
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
4 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
SuperValu Soup Mix Ingredients pack
1 sprig SuperValu Fresh Thyme
woody stem removed
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
- Place the crushed garlic, thyme leaves and black peppercorns into a large bowl with the olive oil and mix well.
- Add the pork chops and mix well ensuring that they are well coated.
- Heat a large frying pan and brown the pork chops on both sides, then reduce to a low heat and cook for a further 6-8 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- Heat a large wide based pan with a little oil and add in the carrots, celery and leek and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add in the chicken stock and thyme sprig and allow to continue simmering for a further 12-15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Place the potatoes into a medium sized pan of water and bring to the boil.
- Cook the potatoes until just tender, strain off the water and fit with a tightly fitting lid for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the butter and some seasoning.
- Serve the vegetable broth in deep bowls with the garlic and thyme pork chops on top and a side portion of buttered baby potatoes.