These are delicious on their own with just a knob of butter, or topped with some cheese and pickle.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 10 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Fresh Egg
3 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
300 g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
120 ml Milk
60 g Parmesan Cheese
or similar, finely greated plus extra to sprinkle
75 g SuperValu Butter
2 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
(parsley, chives, sage)
25 g SuperValu Ground Almonds
1 tin SuperValu Olive Oil
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, ground almond, xanthan gum and salt into a bowl and rub together with the butter, parmesan and herbs.
- Then, add the egg, olive oil and the buttermilk little by little and mix together to a soft dough.
- Transfer the mixture to a Gluten Free floured surface and flatten it out to about ¾ inch in depth.
- Using a scone cutter or a glass cut out some shapes and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Brush the top of the scone with some egg wash then sprinkle with some grated parmesan.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake for 20 - 30 minutes.