The stir fry element of this dish is also delicious with rice or noodles as an alternative to the wrap. This recipe also works well with beef or pork.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Cheese
1 tbsp SuperValu Cooking Oil
5 - SuperValu Crimini Mushrooms
1 tbsp SuperValu Honey
1 medium SuperValu Onion
1 - SuperValu Peppers
3 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
Cut Into Very Thin Strips
3 tbsp SuperValu Soy Sauce
4 - SuperValu Tortilla Wraps
- Prepare all ingredients in advance as you will need to stand over this dish while it cooks.
- Heat a large saucepan or wok, add a ½ tablespoon of cooking oil and put in your chicken strips. Allow the chicken to seal off quite quickly.
- Next add in all of the sliced vegetables and allow these to cook quickly.
- Mix the honey and soy sauce together in a bowl and add these to the chicken and vegetables when they are almost fully cooked.
- Season the dish at this stage. The soy sauce can be quite salty so you mightn’t need much salt, if any.
- To prepare the rice salad, boil the rice and then run under running water to cool it down.
- Mix well with sweet corn and the chopped pepper. Add mayonnaise and some seasoning and then sprinkle with some chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with tortilla wraps, the grated cheese and rice salad.