This recipe can make a fantastic starter on it’s own, for a non vegetarian version add some chorizo or smoked bacon
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tsp Rapeseed Oil
2 - SuperValu Butternut Squash
cut in half & seeds removed
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
12 - Cherry Tomatoes
0 - Mushrooms
1 - Red Pepper
cut into strips
1 - SuperValu Courgette
1 - SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Lay the butternut squash on a baking tray and drizzle with some rapeseed oil.
- Add the garlic and thyme.
- Place into a preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the flesh is tender.
- In the meantime, heat a pan with 1 tsp oil and add the onion, courgette, pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until the vegetables have softened, then add the cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for a further 3-4 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture onto the baked butternut squash.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon rind and parmesan and scatter over the butternut squash.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve immediately.