This is just the treat to cook for your mum this Mother’s day.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
300 g SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
2 medium SuperValu Potatoes
boiled & mashed
1 bunch SuperValu Scallions
From the Store Cupboard
25 g SuperValu Butter
0 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
75 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp SuperValu Honey
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
Honey Glazed Vegetables:
2 - Carrots
peeled & cut into chunks
2 - Red Onion
peeled & cut into wedges
0 large SuperValu Leek
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
peeled and cut into chunks
- Heat the butter in a pan, add in the spring onions and breadcrumbs and mix well. Add in the mashed potatoes and allow the stuffing to cool down.
- Spread a double layer of cling film onto the work surface.
- Lightly oil the cling film. Using a sharp knife split the chicken fillets in half.
- Lay the chicken fillets side by side on the cling film, leaving a gap for expansion.
- Place another double layer of cling film on top and use a rolling pin to gently flatten out.
- Then remove the double layer of the cling film from the top of the chicken.
- Next spread the stuffing on top of the chicken and then using the bottom layer of cling film roll the chicken up into a long cylindrical shape.
- Meanwhile place a piece of tin foil on the work surface with a little baking parchment on top.
- Transfer the chicken roulade onto the parchment paper, peel off the cling film and roll up tightly in the parchment and tin foil-this will help to give a good shape to the roulade and prevent it from falling apart.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place in a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes, after which time you should peel away the tin foil and parchment paper and roast for a further 30 minutes.
Honey Glazed Vegetables & Potatoes
- Par boil the potatoes and carrots for 6-8 minutes.
- Strain and arrange on a roasting tray with the chicken, slot in the onion wedges and chopped leeks.
- Drizzle with a little oil, honey, season with salt and pepper and roast with the chicken for 30 minutes (having removed the parchment and tin foil from the chicken).
- Serve immediately with the chicken roulade.
Warm Leek Butter
- Thinly slice the leek into strips. Heat a medium sized pan with a little oil and sauté the leeks until gently softened.
- Add in the butter and season lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle this on top of the chicken.