A great way to use up left over ham and turkey.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
250 ml Chicken Stock Cube
300 g Cooked Turkey
125 ml Fresh Cream
1 - Fresh Egg
25 g Mushrooms
35 g Plain Flour
375 g Puff Pastry
25 g SuperValu Butter
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Chives
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
90 g Supervalu Smoked Bacon Lardons
60 ml White Wine
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and cook for approximately 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the chicken stock and white wine and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the cream and bring the mixture to the boil until thickened.
- Next add in the chopped turkey and ham and combine into the sauce, then stir in the mushrooms, parsley and chives.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to form a large rectangle.
- Cut in length halfways to give to wide pieces.
- Place one pastry sheet on the lined baking tray and place a couple of large spoonfuls of the cooled turkey and ham mixture in the centre.
- Carefully bring the edges of the pastry together, pressing theedges to seal.
- Trim if necessary, then brushover with the beaten egg.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
- Place the pasties on a baking tray lined with some parchment paper and place in the oven for 25–30 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with some cranberry sauce.