This is lasagne with a difference – a really tasty option using turkey mince to ring the changes!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
6 - Lasagne Sheets
6 - Mushrooms
0 glass Red Wine
1 tin SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
1 - SuperValu Onion
0 tsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
300 g SuperValu Turkey Mince
400 g Milk
25 g Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Heat a saucepan with a little oil and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms with the chilli powder and saute off for a few minutes until they have softened.
- Next add in the turkey mince with some salt and pepper and cook this for 2-3 minutes with the onion and mushroom mixture.
- Add in the red wine (if using) and allow this to come to the boil.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree and allow this mixture to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Put the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Melt the butter slowly in another small saucepan.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and mix until combined.
- Cook this mixture on a low heat for two minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the boiling milk and continue to stir, especially around the edges, until it comes to the boil again.
- Add half the grated cheese to the mixture. Turn the heat right down and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your dish, soak sixto eight lasagne sheets in boiling water for 50-60 seconds. I normally use an eight or nine inch square dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place some of the turkey and vegetable mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of the soaked lasagne, then cover with some of the cheese sauce. Repeat this process a second time and then sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Perfect served with a green salad.