This recipe works equally well with chicken fillets however allow one fillet per person, you could use streaky bacon as an alternative to smoked bacon.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Chestnut Mushrooms
30 - Chestnuts
20 g Dried Cranberries
15 g SuperValu Butter
30 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Sage
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
1 - SuperValu Onion
2 g SuperValu Quality Irish Turkey Steaks
0 - SuperValu Salt
140 g SuperValu Sausagemeat
175 g SuperValu Smoked Bacon Rashers
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the onion, mushrooms and herbs, cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened and translucent.
- In a separate bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, pork meat, chestnuts and cranberries then add the cooked onions and herbs.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay the turkey escalopes on a board and spoon some stuffing onto each, then roll into a cylinder and wrap with some smoked bacon.
- Heat some oil on a non stick frying pan and seal the turkey on all sides.
- Transfer to a baking dish and place into a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.