Decorate with some sliced strawberries and serve with whipped cream. Yum!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
125 g Fresh Blueberries
250 ml Fresh Cream
200 ml Fresh Cream
whipped to serve
1 - Fresh Egg
125 g SuperValu Raspberries
300 g SuperValu Strawberries
200 g White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Sieve in the flour in to the butter and icing sugar. Mix with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Slowly mix in the beaten eggs and stir until the pastry comes together in a ball (you may or may not need to use a teaspoon of water or two).
- Rest the pastry in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and roll it out until about 2.5mm thick and use it to line the a 12” pastry tin pressing the pastry into the edges.
- Place the pastry lined tart dish in a cool place for 20–30 minutes to prevent shrinkage at a later stage.
- Bake the pastry blind by lining the pastry with grease proof paper and filling with dry lentils and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, until the pastry feels dry to the touch.
- Remove the grease proof paper and lentils and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, and set pastry aside while you prepare the filling. (The above can easily be made a day in advance, and covered until you need it).
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water for approximately 8 minutes until melted.
- Then remove the bowl from the water and add the egg yolk to the chocolate and stir.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl whisk the cream and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg white until forming stiff peaks and add to the chocolate mixture, immediately pour over the base of the tart.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.