Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Soak the ham first for up to an hour in cold water.
- Transfer to a pot, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for about two hours and turn off the heat, allowing the ham to cool for approximately 30 minutes in the boiled water.
- Remove the ham from the cooking liquor and remove the rind.
- Score diamond shaped lines into the fat and stud with cloves.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the Irish Mist in a pan with the honey and cider, then heat gently until dissolved.
- Place the clove-studded fillet in a roasting tin and brush all over with the Irish Mist glaze, pouring any remainder around the fillet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until completely heated through and well glazed, basting occasionally.
- Rest the meat for an additional 30 minutes out of the oven before slicing.
- Carve into slices and serve immediately.