Use any variation of fresh autumn berries i.e. raspberries, blueberries, loganberries or blackberries.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
340 g Caster Sugar
6 - Fresh Egg
0 tsp SuperValu Cornflour
0 tsp SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
0 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 120°C/240°F/Gas mark ½.
- Put the egg whites into a spotlessly clean mixing bowl of a kitchen aid and beat on full speed until quite stiffly beaten.
- Turn the speed of the mixer down and slowly add the sugar-adding just a little at a time.
- When all the sugar has been incorporated, add the vanilla essence, cornflour and vinegar and give one final whisk on high speed.
- When ready the mixture should be glossy and when the bowl is turned upside down the mixture should remain stationary in the bowl.
- Meanwhile prepare your tin. Line an oblong baking tray (13 x 9 inches) with parchment paper.
- You can either spread all the mixture out on the baking sheet or using a piping bag, you can pipe the mixture out into attractive individual shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the meringue mixture is very firm to touch but still soft on the middle.
- I normally leave mine to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- When cold transfer to a serving platter and decorate with some freshly whipped cream.
- Pile the berries on top of the pavlova and serve immediately!