This traditional recipe is a wonderful stuffing for Turkey or Goose
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Black Pepper
200 g Chestnut Puree
400 g Chestnuts
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 - SuperValu Onion
1 tsp SuperValu Salt
450 g SuperValu Sausagemeat
- Place the chestnuts in a pan of water and bring to the boil, simmer for 20 minutes until softened.
- Strain off the water and using half the chestnuts blitz using a hand blender until the chestnuts are pureed.
- Cut the remaining chestnuts in half for a coarser stuffing.
- In a large bowl mix together the sausagemeat, halved chestnuts, chestnut puree and the chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the finely diced onions and garlic and using your hands, combine all the ingredients together.
- Place the stuffing in the cavity of the turkey and cook as per the turkey cooking instructions or alternatively place in a baking tin, cover with foil and cook for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.