The ingredients in this dish work so well together for a burst of flavours.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
350 ml Cider
0 - Crusty Bread
8 - Mushrooms
0 - SuperValu Basmati Rice
1 large SuperValu Cooking Apple
110 ml SuperValu Cream
900 g SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
1 large SuperValu Onion
From the Store Cupboard
200 ml Chicken Stock Cube
25 g Plain Flour
25 g SuperValu Butter
0 tsp SuperValu Cayenne Pepper
0 - SuperValu Oil
1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Begin by preparing all of your ingredients because once this starts to cook you will not have time to be chopping and preparing anything.
- You do need to be available to stand over this dish at least for the first few minutes.
- Melt the butter and add just a tiny amount of oil to stop the butter from burning.
- Add the chicken to the pot and quickly seal all over.
- After the chicken is sealed all over season the meat with a little salt and pepper and add the mushrooms and onions and cook them gently.
- At this stage sprinkle in the flour mixed with the paprika and use this to coat all of the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- If you wish you can take it off the heat to stir in the flour.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and then pour in the cider, pouring cream and chicken stock.
- Immediately mix in the wholegrain mustard at this time also (of course you could add more mustard if you wish).
- Allow this sauce to come to the boil at this stage, and then add in the chopped cooking apple, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for a further 30-35 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and cider casserole with some softly boiled basmati rice and crusty bread.