With three luscious layers of chocolate on an Oreo cookie base, this sinful dessert is a guaranteed showstopper.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
308 g Chocolate Creme Oreos
400 g Condensed Milk
600 g Cream Cheese
200 g Creme Fraiche
400 g Dark Chocolate
or milk chocolate
1 - SuperValu Sunflower Oil
125 g Unsalted Butter
- Grease a 20cm round, springform cake tin with oil and line the base and sides with parchment.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan on the hob or in a bowl in the microwave. Blend the biscuits in a food processor, or seal in a food bag and bash with a rolling pin, to fine crumbs. Stir into the melted butter to coat evenly and press onto the tin base and about 4cm up the sides. Chill for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Snap 300g of the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and either melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, stirring between each go, or over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, leave to cool to body temperature.
- Beat the cream cheese and condensed milk in a large bowl. Beat in the cooled chocolate until smooth. Spread evenly on the base. Chill for at least four hours, until firm.
- Melt the remaining 100g of chocolate as before and leave to cool. Spread over the cheesecake for the final hour of setting.
- To serve, carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and peel off the paper. Sit on a cake stand, arrange the berries and chocolate mini eggs on top. Flower bunting optional! Serve with crème fraîche.