A curry is a very popular option and one that you can have prepared in advance.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Chutney
4 - Mushrooms
2 tbsp Natural Yogurt
0 medium SuperValu Onion
1 - SuperValu Potatoes
300 g SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
chopped into chunk
200 g SuperValu Rice
cooked according to the packet instructions
From the Store Cupboard
400 ml Chicken Stock Cube
1 pinch Chilli Powder
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 tbsp SuperValu Medium Hot Curry Powder
0 - SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Begin by heating a medium sized saucepan with a little oil, add in the chicken pieces with a little salt and pepper, and cook until lightly browned.
- Next add in the diced onion and garlic and continue to sauté gently before adding in the potato and mushrooms. Continue to cook these for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in the curry powder and use this to coat all of the ingredients in the pan. Cooking the curry powder in this manner will enhance the flavour of the end product.
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir continuously until the mixture comes to the boil. If you like your curry a bit hotter, you can add in the chilli powder at this stage.
- Stir in the mango chutney (if using) and allow the mixture to continue to simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes. Stir in the yogurt at this stage.
- Serve with freshly boiled rice.