The combination of ginger and coriander works wonderfully with pork. This dish can be oven baked, grilled or cooked on the barbecue.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
130 g SuperValu Quality Irish Basted Pork Loin Chops
(From the Butcher Counter)
From Spice Mix Pack
1 - Fresh SuperValu Mixed Chilli
2 cloves Garlic
1 - Onion
0 - SuperValu Fresh Coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the ginger, coriander, lime juice and olive oil into a little mini food processor and blend until a coarse consistency has been achieved.
- Pour this marinade over the pork chops and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes but longer if time allows.
- Line a baking tray with a little baking parchment, place the 2 chops and the marinade on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes approximately. (If you wish you can barbecue the chops on both sides and then transfer to the oven for 10-15 minutes to ensure they are fully cooked.)
Chilli Potato Salad
- Cut potatoes in half and place in a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer until just tender.
- Strain off the water and allow to steam for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a medium sized pan with a little oil, add the diced onion, garlic and chilli and cook quickly until softened.
- Pour the chilli mixture in on top of the baby potatoes, drizzle with a little oil and garnish with some chopped coriander.