These tasty treats make super Christmas decorations too.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 30 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 - Fresh Egg
125 g Golden Syrup
2 tsp Ground Ginger
375 g Plain Flour
100 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
125 g SuperValu Butter
100 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a bowl and using an electric whisk beat the mixture until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Add the ground ginger and cinnamon and again stir to combine.
- Turn the dough out of the bowl, knead gently, then roll out on a lightly floured surface until approx 3–4 mm in depth.
- Cut out shapes from the dough and place on parchment lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.