This is a delightful recipe that can be eaten hot or cold. Feel free to add your favourite fruits, like raspberries, apricots or apple.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Caster Sugar
50 g Gluten Free Pure Porridge Oats
200 g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
100 g SuperValu Blackberries
125 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
100 g SuperValu Butter
125 g SuperValu Goodness Mixed Nuts
1 - SuperValu Orange
rind, finely grated
3 - SuperValu Pears
peeled, pith removed and quartered
250 g SuperValu Strawberries
hulled and quartered
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Firstly prepare the crumble.
- Sift the flour into a bowl then add the sugar, porridge oats and nuts.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Be careful to not over work the mixture.
- Place the crumble mixture onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until the mixture is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, place the caster sugar, orange rind and juice.
- Bring to boil and until it reach a light caramel colour.
- Add the pears and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook gently for 2 -3 minutes until the fruits are tender but still holding their shape.
- Add the strawberries and the blackberries and cook for a further minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Build the crumble by adding some fruit into the base of a serving glass and sprinkle over some of the cooked crumble.
- Alternatively, you can transfer the fruit mixture to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the crumble topping is warm and golden brown.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.
This recipe contains gluten free oats. A small minority of coeliacs - approx 5% - will react to pure gluten free oats. Uncontaminated gluten free pure oats are produced under very rigorous controls and quality inspections from the beginning of production through to finished product. The inclusion of pure oats in the gluten free diet is an issue of ongoing study and investigation. Therefore any coeliac wishing to consume a diet containing pure oats should receive regular follow-ups at a specialist clinic to ensure tolerance.