Perfect with leftover Christmas meats.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Fresh Egg
1 tbsp Milk
2 dstspn Plain Flour
150 g SuperValu Brussels Sprouts
cooked and finely sliced
25 g SuperValu Butter
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
4 - SuperValu Potatoes
peeled, cooked and mashed
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes or until completely tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Strain the potatoes and add the butter and milk, mash well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the sprouts to the mashed potato and add the flour and seasoning, pour in the beaten egg.
- Using your hands combine all the ingredients together and turn out on to a lightly floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the mixture and take a scone cutter or ramekin to cut the mixture. Set aside.
- Drizzle a frying pan with the olive oil and place the patty shapes onto the pan.
- Cook on each side for 4–5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Serve with some slices of leftover ham or turkey, delicious!