The fresh zest of lemon and smooth mascarpone, fresh, fruity and delicious!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Caster Sugar
150 ml Fresh Cream
2 - Fresh Egg
1 - Gelatine Sheets
120 g Mascarpone Cheese
1 packets Sponge Ladyfinger Biscuits
1 - SuperValu Lemon
zest & juice
- Firstly place the gelatine leaf in some cold water, and allow to soften.
- To make the syrup for the lady fingers, place the lemon juice, water and honey into a pan and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 4 – 5 minutes.
- In the meantime pour 1/3 of the cream into a pan and heat but do not allow to boil. Stir in the gelatine and allow to cool down. In the meantime, in a large bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and sugar, then add 2 egg yolks and further whisk until fully incorporated. Add the lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl whip the egg whites until stiff. Add the egg whites to the mascarpone mixture, folding in until fully incorporated. Whip together the remaining cream until forming stiff peaks, then fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- To assemble, literally dip the biscuits into the syrup, if you allow the biscuits to rest in the liquid they will disintegrate. Stand the biscuits straight in a cake tin of approx 8” diameter, then fill with the mascarpone mousse. Refridgerate until set then place in the freezer for a few hours. Decorate as you wish, my preference is with Lemon Confit.