Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 36 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Cream Cheese
1 - Fresh Egg
340 g Plain Flour
240 g SuperValu Butter
at room temperature
0 - SuperValu Orange
zest finely grated
225 g SuperValu Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Line several baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, orange zest, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until light and creamy.
- Sift in the flour and combine until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Fill a large piping bag with a 1½ inch star tip and pipe the stars spacing them about 2" apart.
- Place in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden, remove from the parchment paper using a spatula and place on wire racks to cool down.
- To make the cream filling, beat the butter, icing sugar, orange zest and juice until smooth.
- Place half the biscuits upside down, then spoon a teaspoonful of filling onto each.
- Place another biscuit on top then press down gently.
- Place in a cool place until set, then dust with icing sugar before serving.