This is a lovely dish and the combination of flavours works wonderfully. The roasted apples add a really nice dimension.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - SuperValu Granny Smith Apples
peeled & quartered
3 large SuperValu Potatoes
2 - SuperValu Quality Irish Pork Chops
from the Butcher Counter
200 g SuperValu Shredded Cabbage
2 - SuperValu Smoked Bacon Rashers
from the Butcher Counter - chopped into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and quickly seal the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on either side. At this stage add in the apple quarters to the pan with the pork chops and allow them to caramelise.
- Place the pan with the pork and apples into the oven for 10-12 minutes to ensure the pork is well cooked through.
Wholegrain Mustard Mash
- Peel, boil and mash the potatoes with a little butter and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the wholegrain mustard.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the shredded cabbage and cook for 3-4 minutes until it has softened, yet retains its vivid green colour. Strain the cabbage and run under ice cold water until the cabbage has cooled.
- Meanwhile heat a large wok with the melted butter, add the bacon pieces and cook quickly for a couple of minutes. Then add the refreshed cabbage and toss around with the bacon and the melted butter until it has thoroughly heated.
- To serve, spoon some of the potatoes onto the serving plate, topped with the buttered cabbage and then arrange the pork chops on top.