This Chutney is a delicious addition to any summer picnic.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
170 g Caster Sugar
66 g Dried Apricots
66 g SuperValu Cooking Apple
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Ginger
66 g SuperValu Onion
500 g SuperValu Pears
1 tsp SuperValu Salt
0 - SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients (except the pears) in a large thick bottomed pan.
- Simmer uncovered for approximately 35–45 minutes and then add in the diced pears.
- Stir and continue to simmer until the pears are gently cooked and the consistency is thick and chunky.
- Remember to stir often to prevent it from sticking to the base of the pan. (If the mix gets burnt/caramelised slightly at the bottom, transfer to another pan to continue cooking and discard the spoiled chutney. Do not mix burned chutney into the rest of it.) Do not allow the chutney to boil as this will cause it to caramelise and discolour.
- Transfer to clean sterilised jars and cover immediately. This recipe makes three 350g jars or two 500g jars. Make up to 3 months in advance and store in a cool dry place.