There’s nothing nicer than a bowl of comforting soup.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
30 g SuperValu Butter
1 - SuperValu Butternut Squash
peeled and chopped into chunks
1 tbsp SuperValu Crème Fraîche
5 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
3 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
2 - SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
2 litre Vegetable Stock
60 ml White Wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the butternut squash, garlic, thyme on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the butternut squash is softened and browned.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions.
- Cook until caramelized for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the white wine and the stock.
- Bring to simmer and continue for 3-4 minutes until the onions soften.
- Remove from the heat until the butternut squash is ready.
- When the squash is cooked, remove the pulp from the skin using a spoon and add it to the liquid, bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blitz until smooth.
- Add the remaining stock until the right consistency for you has been achieved (if you prefer a thick soup you might not need any further stock).
- Fold in a tablespoon of crème fraîche and serve immediately.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.