For a creamier sauce whisk in 2 tablespoons of Crême Fraiche with this dish. It is just delicious.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
400 ml Chicken Stock Cube
25 g Plain Flour
1 - SuperValu Cooking Apple
6 - SuperValu Crimini Mushrooms
1 - SuperValu Leek
5 - SuperValu Quality Irish Pork Chops
3 - SuperValu Rainbow Carrots
2 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
Crunchy Roast Potatoes
2 tbsp Plain Flour
2 tbsp SuperValu Cooking Oil
8 - SuperValu Potatoes
1 tbsp SuperValu Cooking Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Heat a large sauté pan with a ½ tablespoon of oil. Add the pork chops and brown quickly on both sides. Place in a casserole dish.
- Add sliced leeks and mushrooms to the pan and cook gently until they have softened. Add the flour and cook gently until the flour has coated all of the vegetables and dried up all the liquids in the pan.
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir gently until the sauce begins to thicken. Bring to the boil, add in the wholegrain mustard and diced cooking apple and pour this sauce over the pork chops and cover with tin foil. Cook in the oven for an hour until the sauce has thickened and the pork chops are very tender.
- For the roast potatoes, place 2 tablespoons of oil into a large roasting tray and place in the oven.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender, strain off the water, shaking the saucepan to ruffle the edges of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle flour over the potatoes and shake the pot again. Remove the roasting tray from the oven and toss in the potatoes and season. Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Peel and chop the carrots into very large chunks. Par boil for 5-6 minutes and strain, put in a large roasting tray with a little oil and some salt and cracked black pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until softened through.
- Plate the vegetables and pork and cover with a generous pouring of sauce.