This is a really fun thing to make and the kids will especially love getting creative with designs and patterns.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 9 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pack 12 White Wild Rose Sugar Decorations
200 g Blue Candy Buttons
5 ml Food Paint
15 g Mini Marshmallows
200 g Pink Candy Buttons
1 tsp SugarCraft Hot Pink Sparkling Sugar
2 tsp SugarCraft Sweetheart Mix Sprinkles
200 g White Candy Buttons
- Grease a 23cm x 33cm Swiss roll tray with a little sunflower oil and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt each of the candy buttons in separate bowls in the microwave or set over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly until smooth. Dot tablespoonfuls of each colour randomly all over the lined tray. Then, using the tip of a small palette or table knife, swirl the colours together to give interesting patterns as they marble, making sure to fill in all the gaps as you go.
- Dot some of the silver edible paint around, then using the handle of a teaspoon or the tip of a skewer, marble that in too. Working quickly before everything sets, scatter the marshmallows over in a single even layer.
- Sprinkle the sparkling sugar over in little patches. This has a better effect than just sprinkling it all over. Avoid sprinkling it on the silver paint if possible because it causes it to blacken. Next, scatter the heart sprinkles over, again in patches. Dot the flower decorations around the top.
- Pop the tray in the fridge for about 1 hour, until set firm. Remove from the tray and break into shards. These are now ready for use.
- Pick and choose between the variety of candy button colours, sparkling sugars, sprinkles and sugar decorations available to make your own unique unicorn bark.
- As the pro gel food colours in the range are not water based, they are suitable to use in colouring the candy buttons to suit your own theme.