These delightful snow-capped Christmas muffins are great fun to make with the kids and a great way to use up leftover cranberries.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
3 tsp Baking Powder
100 g Dried Cranberries
1 - Fresh Egg
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
250 ml Milk
1 tsp Nutmeg
280 g Plain Flour
75 ml SuperValu Oil
100 g SuperValu Sugar
100 g White Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the muffin papers into the muffin tin.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder and spices. Chop 100g of the white chocolate into small chunks and add to the bowl. In a second bowl beat the egg and add the sugar, oil and milk - mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the fl our mixture and add the cranberries, combine until a smooth dough has been formed but be careful not to overmix or the muffins will end up gooey.
- Pour into the muffin papers and bake for 20-25 minutes. Once the muffins have cooked remove them from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once cooled prepare for decoration.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and add the lemon juice, one spoonful at a time until slightly runny in consistency.
- Pour over the muffins to create a snow capped effect.