Treat someone special with this mouthwatering dessert.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
225 g Caster Sugar
225 ml Fresh Cream
4 large Fresh Egg
75 g SuperValu Goodness Flaked Almonds
0 - SuperValu Pineapple
strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc work really well.
- Line a large Swiss roll tray (13 x 9 1/2 inches) with parchment paper ensuring that both the base and the sides are covered.
- Put the egg whites into a large, spotlessly clean, mixing bowl and beat rapidly until the mixture forms stiff peaks. You can use an electric hand whisk or a food mixer for this process.
- When the mixture has formed the peaks add in the sugar gradually, whisking thoroughly between each addition.
- When the correct consistency is achieved the mixture should be glossy and stiff.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool in the tin.
To Assemble the Roulade
- Turn out onto a large piece of parchment dusted with icing sugar, so the almond side is facing down. Allow to cool.
- Spread with freshly whipped cream.
- Scatter with the freshly chopped fruit and roll up in one fast action.
- Pipe some additional cream on the top and arrange some extra berries on the top.
- Decorate with mint leaves.
- Transfer to a serving platter and dust with icing sugar