This recipe takes a little bit of work and effort to prepare but it is certainly well worth the effort. It is a wonderful prepare ahead dinner party starter option so take your time and you will reap the rewards.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 ml Milk
4 - Mushrooms
25 g SuperValu Butter
1 - SuperValu Carrot
50 ml SuperValu Cream
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
2 - SuperValu Fresh Salmon Darnes
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
0 - SuperValu Onion
0 - SuperValu Smoked Salmon
- Heat a large pan with a little butter and add in the onions, carrots, mushrooms and diced garlic. Cook gently until softened.
- Next add in the plain flour and allow this to coat all of the vegetables and dry up any liquids in the pan.
- Pour in the white wine and allow this to bubble up and stir carefully.
- Pour in the milk and the cream and stir continuously until the liquids have thickened.
- Next add in the diced salmon and allow this to cook very gently until the salmon is lightly poached. The mixture should be quite thick so don’t worry about that.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the filo pastry into squares approximately 5 x 5 inches.
- Meanwhile brush single layers of filo pastry with some melted butter and lay three layers of top of each other on a lightly floured work surface.
- Lay a slice of smoked salmon on top and repeat for the other parcels.
- Once the salmon mixture is cold divide that between the layers of smoked salmon and filo pastry.
- Brush the edges with some melted butter and then decoratively secure the parcel into your desired shape and place on a baking tray. I normally gather them together at the top in a parcel shape.
- Brush with melted butter and place on a flat baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a side salad.