For perfect Risotto take your time and follow the clearly laid out instructions below.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
300 g Arborio Rice
1 - Chicken Stock Cube
150 g Chorizo Sausages
diced – from the Deli counter
0 glass Dry White Wine
50 g Parmesan Cheese
freshly grated (optional)
75 g St Tola Goat’s Cheese
25 g SuperValu Butter
3 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
very finely diced
3 - SuperValu Shallots
peeled and finely diced
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Choose a wide saucepan with a thick base.
- On a low heat slowly melt the butter and add the chopped shallots, thyme, chorizo and garlic and cook very gently until completely softened.
- Add in the Arborio rice and mix well to ensure that it does not stick to the base of the pan.
- Allow the rice to become glazed and cook without any liquid for 3-4 minutes whilst continuing to stir continuously.
- Next add in the white wine and continue to stir the rice as the wine will evaporate quite quickly.
- Boil up the chicken stock and add some of this into the rice (the low heat being maintained at all times).
- Add the stock little by little, never adding the next ladle until the previous one has evaporated.
- It is vitally important not to rush this process but continue to add all of the liquid until the rice is plump and tender.
- Season this mixture and if you wish to obtain a nice creamy risotto you can add the goat’s cheese now.
- Continue simmering until it is piping hot.
- Serve immediately with the parmesan cheese garnish if desired.