This curry may be Gluten Free but is definitely not lacking on flavour!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Cardamom Pods
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Coriander
2 tbsp Natural Yogurt
1 small SuperValu Chillies
very thinly sliced
900 g SuperValu Diced Lamb
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Coriander
2 inch SuperValu Fresh Ginger
cut into thin batons
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 large SuperValu Onion
2 - Tomatoes
1 tsp Turmeric
- Place the lamb into a large bowl and drizzle with a little oil.
- In a separate bowl add all the spices and chilli then add the lamb to the spices. The oil will help the spices to adhere to the meat.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then fry off the lamb in batches on a large frying pan until all of the meat has been browned evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Transfer the meat to a large casserole dish or slow cooker.
- Next, in the same pan, fry off the onions and garlic and stir frequently until softened and well browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and a cup of water.
- Pour into the meat mixture and just add enough water to reach the surface of the meat.
- If using a casserole dish, place the lid on top and place in the preheated oven for 3 – 4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- To finish, add a spoonful of yogurt and some fresh coriander to serve.
- Check the seasoning and serve with some basmati rice.
Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.