Maki is a Japanese term for a type of Sushi, this is my interpretation and rather than using rice I have used cream cheese as it works particularly well in this recipe.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tsp Rock Salt
1 - SuperValu Cucumber
8 large slices and the rest julienne
100 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
1 - SuperValu Lemon
3 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
6 slice SuperValu Smoked Salmon
1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Wash and cut thin slices of cucumber with a vegetable peeler, leaving the skin.
- Place the cucumber to marinate in 2 teaspoon of rock salt for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with water, drain them well and pat dry with some kitchen towel.
- Mix together the cream cheese and goats cheese, and add some seasoning.
- Pour in the lemon juice and stir.
- Meanwhile prepare the vinaigrette.
- Mix the wholegrain mustard, maple syrup, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Combine well and store until needed.
- Place a layer of cling film onto a clean work surface and place the cucumber ribbons slightly overlapping on top.
- Lay the smoked salmon on top of the entire cucumber layer.
- Approx 2 cm from the edge of the salmon add the cream cheese mixture, don’t cover the entire layer of smoked salmon, as you will be rolling up like a swiss roll.
- Place in the refrigerator until required.
- Remove the cling film and place the roll on a cutting board to serve.
- Serve with a drizzle of the vinaigrette and a sprinkling of salt.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.