Small, sugary and delicious!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Preheat oven to 120°C/240°F/Gas mark ½
- Put the egg whites into a spotlessly clean bowl and beat on full speed until quite stiffly beaten.
- Turn the speed of the mixer down and slowly add the sugar – one spoonful at a time.
- When all the sugar has been incorporated, add the corn flour and vinegar and give one final whisk on high speed.
- When ready the mixture should be glossy and when the bowl is turned upside down the mixture should remain stationary in the bowl.
- Line an oblong baking tray (13 x 9 inches) with parchment paper.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the mini meringues to the size of a large walnut.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 50 min until the meringue mixture is very firm to touch but still soft on the middle. I normally leave mine to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Keep in a tight container until needed.
- Serve either alone or with some whipped cream and/or fresh fruits.