Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Almond Essence
50 g Caster Sugar
1 - Fresh Egg
1 tin Lustre Pear Halves(410g)
50 g Margarine
2 tbsp Milk
50 g Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50 g Shamrock Ground Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Grease a 24cm/9 1/2" round tin, preferably loose bottomed.
- Make pastry by sieving the flour and icing sugar into a bowl, mix in the ground almonds. Rub in the margarine and bind together with the egg and a little cold water to make the pastry. Lightly knead, cover and allow to chill.
- Next make the filling by creaming the margarine and sugar together. Beat in the egg. Stir in the flour, ground almonds, milk and essence.
- Roll out the pastry and line the tin. Spread filling evenly over the pastry.
- Arrange the pear halves, with the rounded side facing up, on top of the filling.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Leave in the tin to 'set' for 10 minutes, then remove and serve warm with cream or ice cream.