This pastry can be used for any savoury dish, crisp and ever so tasty!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 10 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Fresh Egg
350 g Plain Flour
175 g SuperValu Butter
30 g SuperValu Parmesan Cheese Shavings
12 - Cherry Tomatoes
240 ml SuperValu Cream
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
3 large SuperValu Leek
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
36 - SuperValu Tiger Prawns
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Pastry
- Sift the flour into a glass bowl and add the cubed butter.
- Stir together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir through.
- Create a well in the centre of the mixture, add the egg and work until the dough comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly-floured surface and cover with clingfilm.
- Place in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Divide the pastry into 10-12 equal pieces and roll each piece of pastry to a 5mm depth.
- Grease 10-12 tartlet cases and press each pastry disc into place.
- Place on a baking tray and put in the fridge for half an hour to rest.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until cooked.
- Heat half the olive oil in a pan and add the leek.
- Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cream and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until reduced.
- In a separate pan drizzle the remaining olive oil.
- Cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the leek mixture between each pastry case and top with 3-4 prawns.
- Dress with a little tomato and baby green leaves.