This dessert is a very fresh and tasty summer option. It is one of my favourite classic desserts and if you are either entertaining or being entertained this cake will go down a treat.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tbsp Strawberry Jam
110 ml SuperValu Cream
0 - SuperValu Strawberries
300 g Caster Sugar
5 large Fresh Egg
300 g Self-Raising Flour
300 g SuperValu Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Soften the butter and beat in a large mixing bowl with the sugar.
- When this mixture is creamy and fluffy add in the eggs and the flour.
- If you find the mixture is a little tight you can add a dessertspoon of milk to loosen it up.
- Transfer to two 8inch/20cm sandwich tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minute or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Spread some of the strawberry jam on the both sponges.
- Fill the centre of the cake with freshly whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
- Dust with some icing sugar and decorate with some sliced strawberries.